There were about 477 lawsuits filed under consumer statutes in the first half of March 2011. Here is an approximate breakdown:
- 444 FDCPA
- 55 FCRA
- 15 TILA
- 5 TCPA
- Of those cases, there were about 488 unique plaintiffs (including multiple plaintiffs in one suit).
- Of those plaintiffs, about 140 had sued under consumer statutes before.
- Combined, those plaintiffs have filed about 982 lawsuits since 2001
- Actions were filed in 120 different US District Court branches.
- About 417 different collection firms and creditors were sued.
The top courts where lawsuits were filed:
- 27 Lawsuits: Pennsylvania Eastern District Court – Philadelphia
- 24 Lawsuits: Illinois Northern District Court – Chicago
- 23 Lawsuits: Colorado District Court – Denver
- 19 Lawsuits: New York Eastern District Court – Brooklyn
- 17 Lawsuits: California Central District Court – Western Division – Los Angeles
- 15 Lawsuits: Georgia Northern District Court – Atlanta
- 15 Lawsuits: Minnesota District Court – Dmn
- 15 Lawsuits: New York Eastern District Court – Central Islip
- 14 Lawsuits: Michigan Eastern District Court – Detroit
- 9 Lawsuits: Michigan Western District Court – Southern Division
The most active consumer attorneys were:
- Representing 14 Consumers: David Michael Larson
- Representing 10 Consumers: Robert T. Healey, Jr.
- Representing 10 Consumers: Adam J. Fishbein
- Representing 10 Consumers: Tara Leigh Patterson
- Representing 9 Consumers: Andrew Ira Glenn
- Representing 9 Consumers: Amy Lynn Bennecoff
- Representing 9 Consumers: Dennis Robert Kurz
- Representing 8 Consumers: Craig Thor Kimmel
- Representing 8 Consumers: Phillip C. Rogers
- Representing 8 Consumers: Mark L Vavreck
Statistics Year to Date:
2224 total lawsuits for 2011, including:
- 2120 FDCPA
- 236 FCRA
- 103 TILA
- 102 TCPA
Number of Unique Plaintiffs: 2254 (including multiple plaintiffs in one suit)
The most active consumer attorneys of the year:
- Representing 61 Consumers: David Michael Larson
- Representing 58 Consumers: Craig Thor Kimmel
- Representing 37 Consumers: Lara Ruth Shapiro
- Representing 34 Consumers: Jack Dennis Card, Jr.
- Representing 32 Consumers: John Thomas Steinkamp