A new Milestone...
The second half of July saw us crack 5000 FDCPA/FCRA lawsuits for the year. This is nearly three months ahead of last year - in 2008, we didn't reach 5000 lawsuits until the 2nd week of October.
If you would like to segregate known litigants from your database easily and inexpensively, call us at 616-682-5327 or visit webrecon.com to sign up for the FDCPA Litigant Alert service.
FDCPA Lawsuit Statistics, July 16-31, 2009
There were about 423 FDCPA cases and 79 FCRA lawsuits in the second half of July.
- Of those cases, there were about 528 unique plaintiffs (including multiple plaintiffs in one suit).
- Of those plaintiffs, about 117 had sued under FDCPA, FCRA or TCPA before.
- Combined, those 117 plaintiffs have filed about 639 lawsuits since 2001
- Actions were filed in 107 different US District Court branches.
- About 345 different collection firms were sued.
The top courts where lawsuits were filed:
- 34 Lawsuits: California Central District Court - Western Division - Los Angeles
- 30 Lawsuits: Illinois Northern District Court - Chicago
- 23 Lawsuits: Florida Southern District Court - Fort Lauderdale
- 21 Lawsuits: Pennsylvania Eastern District Court - Philadelphia
- 20 Lawsuits: Georgia Northern District Court - Atlanta
- 18 Lawsuits: California Southern District Court - San Diego
- 13 Lawsuits: New York Eastern District Court - Brooklyn
- 13 Lawsuits: New York Western District Court - Buffalo
- 12 Lawsuits: Colorado District Court - Denver
- 11 Lawsuits: California Eastern District Court - Sacramento
- 11 Lawsuits: New York Southern District Court - Foley Square
- 10 Lawsuits: Arizona District Court - Phoenix
- 10 Lawsuits: Florida Middle District Court - Tampa
- 10 Lawsuits: Florida Southern District Court - Miami
- 10 Lawsuits: New York Eastern District Court - Central Islip
- 10 Lawsuits: New York Southern District Court - White Plains
The most active consumer attorneys were:
- Representing 29 Consumers: Sergei Lemberg
- Representing 18 Consumers: Donald A. Yarbrough
- Representing 17 Consumers: Nicholas J. Bontrager
- Representing 16 Consumers: Todd M Friedman
- Representing 14 Consumers: George Thomas Martin, Iii
- Representing 13 Consumers: Adam Theodore Hill
- Representing 10 Consumers: Daniel A. Edelman
- Representing 9 Consumers: Adam Jon Fishbein
- Representing 9 Consumers: Brent F. Vullings
- Representing 9 Consumers: David Michael Larson
- Representing 9 Consumers: Jody B. Burton
- Representing 9 Consumers: Susan A Landgraf
Statistics Year to Date:
5039 total lawsuits for 2009:
- 4320 FDCPA
- 714 FCRA
- 5 TCPA
Numbers of unique Plaintiffs: 5203 (including multiple plaintiffs in one suit)
The most active consumer attorneys of the year:
- Representing 280 Consumers: Ryan Lee
- Representing 182 Consumers: Nicholas J Bontrager
- Representing 167 Consumers: Adam Theodore Hill
- Representing 165 Consumers: Kenneth R. Hiller
- Representing 159 Consumers: Daniel A. Edelman
- Representing 134 Consumers: Adam Jacob Krohn
- Representing 133 Consumers: Amanda R. Jordan
- Representing 129 Consumers: Todd M Friedman
- Representing 127 Consumers: Sergei Lemberg
- Representing 113 Consumers: George Thomas Martin, Iii
- Representing 107 Consumers: David M Marco
- Representing 104 Consumers: David Michael Larson