Statistics from May 16-31, 2009...
* There were 299 FDCPA cases and 35 FCRA lawsuits in the second half of May.
* Of those cases, there were about 364 different plaintiffs (including multiple plaintiffs in one suit).
* Of those plaintiffs, about 60 had sued under FDCPA, FCRA or TCPA before.
* Combined, those 60 plaintiffs have filed about 102 lawsuits since 2001
* Of the 299 FDCPA cases, about 263 different collection firms were sued.
* The top states where lawsuits were filed: California (57 lawsuits), Illinois (41 lawsuits), Pennsylvania (35 lawsuits), New York (31 lawsuits), Florida (23 lawsuits), Michigan (20 lawsuits)
* The most active litigants were Elizabeth Fenley in Los Angeles (sued 4 collection agencies) and Christy Kemper in Missouri (sued 3 collection agencies)
* The most active consumer attorneys were Todd Michael Friedman (sued 21 collection agencies), Mary Elizabeth Philipps (sued 15 collection agencies), David J. Philipps (sued 15 collection agencies), Daniel A. Edelman (sued 14 collection agencies), Nicholas J Bontrager (sued 13 collection agencies), Mark D. Mailman (sued 13 collection agencies), Larry Paul Smith (sued 12 collection agencies), Ryan Scott Lee (sued 10 collection agencies)
Statistics Year to Date:
* 3343 total lawsuits for 2009: 2876 FDCPA, 464 FCRA, 3 TCPA
* The most active litigants have been Robert Tucker in Florida (sued 13 collection agencies), Christy Kemper in Missouri (sued 11 collection agencies), and Eric Beeders in Florida (sued 9 collection agencies)
* The top states where lawsuits have been filed: California (562 lawsuits), New York (399 lawsuits), Florida (292 lawsuits), Illinois (290 lawsuits), Pennsylvania (261 lawsuits)